Tel: 01273 220303   |   Email:   like us on facebook    
telephone us
email us
like us on facebook

Property Search

Q: What do I do first if I need to find a place to rent?

Before you start searching for your new home it’s a good idea to write down a budget. What are your current outgoings and what money do you have left each month to spend on rent? Take into account that, when you first move in, you will need to front a deposit as well as the first month’s rent and tenancy set up fees.

Q: What happens when I want to see a property?

You can book a viewing by phone at 01273220303 or via email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . We will communicate with you to confirm suitable time and date for the viewing. On the appointment day, you will meet our experienced senior letting negotiator at the property and we will explain everything you need to know about the property.

Q: I have seen the property that I want, what happens next.

If you saw a property that you like to rent as your home, you need to speak to us and put a holding deposit ASAP to secure the property as it may be let to someone else the same day.

Q: Why do I have to pay a damage deposit?

The landlord trusts the tenant to keep the property in a good condition and in good order. The deposit is held to ensure that any damages (over and above fair wear and tear) can be corrected at the end of the tenancy.

Q: What will happen to my damage deposit?

Landlords and letting agents are required to register your deposit with an approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme. NGB LETTINGS will register your deposits with one of the scheme which is My Deposits. The deposit is then either held by the landlord, the agent or the deposit scheme itself. You should receive details of the scheme, explaining where the deposit is held. A Tenancy Deposit Scheme like My Deposits will protect the money for you and can offer assistance should there be a dispute about the deposit at the end of the tenancy.

Q: Who pays the council tax and other bills?

The tenants are responsible to pay the utilities and council tax bills. But please check your tenancy agreement to find what bills you need to pay.

Q: How binding is the Tenancy Agreement that I enter into?

A Tenancy Agreement governs all rents, which is a legal and binding document. You will be committed to paying rent until the end of the agreed term and you could be liable to legal action if you break the terms of the agreement. If your circumstances should change for any reason during your tenancy, it is a good idea to tell us as soon as possible.

Q: Who is responsible for repairs?

If any item needs repair, please contact us immediately. We use the services of a number of local tradesmen who will respond quickly and attend to any minor repairs as quickly as possible subject to the landlord's approval. In the case of extensive repairs, it is normal practice for the landlord to obtain more than one quotation. If any maintenance enquiries turned out to be USERS ERROR or MIS-USE, the tenants are liable for the costs of repairs.

Q: What must I do at the end of the tenancy?

Ensure you fulfil your obligation stated in the tenancy agreement to leave the property in the condition it was in at the start. All the keys should be returned to the office 11:00 on the checkout day.


If you cannot find an answer to a question you are looking for, please email us on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or call us on 01273220303

Property Portals